Monday, October 5, 2009

Our Crazy September

I'm not a good blogger, but here is my review of our completely crazy September.

The month began with lots and lots of work for me. I ended my training in August and began the month completely on my own as a nurse for the first time. I've learned that school didn't really teach me much of what I needed to know. A lot of my job is common sense, personal judgement, and learning to work well with other people, but I love it. It is so rewarding, and even though I get off quite late some nights, it is wonderful and I don't begrudge going to work. The month did begin though with a streak of 6 days in a row, which was challenging, made more challenging by the fact that we bought a new car during those 6 days.

We knew when we left school that one of our first large purchases was going to have to be a car. Well, we didn't even make it as long as we were hoping because our other car became unreliable to get Jeremy long distances for work. So we are happy to announce we bought a 2007 white Toyota Corolla from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The church sells their used mission cars when they get near 50,000 miles. We are happy to say that we love our car. It works wonderfully for us and has turned out to be an even better car than we thought at first. Let's just say that it was a pleasant surprise when we found out our car had a 6 CD changer instead of just one.

Buying the car was pretty rushed due to the fact that we were going to Blanding the following Sunday and knew our car would not get us there. We were going to Blanding for Jeremy to work. It was a nice break from work, but getting the flu early in the morning on the day we were supposed to come home was not really how I wanted to spend my break off of work. So we stayed an extra day. I spent the next weekend working and preparing to leave for Vegas on Wednesday.

Wednesday was Jeremy's 27th birthday. Happy Birthday Honey!! We spent the morning rushing to the airport to go to Vegas for Jeremy's work conference. We spent Jeremy's birthday in dirty, slutty Vegas. We walked down the strip on the day we arrived and emotionally and physically it was a very difficult simple task. I do have to give a huge I LOVE YOU to my wonderful husband who walked around all of Vegas without focusing his eyes on anything. Anyways, it was a nice break for me, but we will probably not option to go to Vegas (the strip) out of our own free will.

We returned from Vegas on Friday and moved to our new apartment on Saturday. We were totally not ready to move and we are lucky that we were even able to do it. (Thank you Jeremy for not losing your cool and fixing all of my mistakes.) So we are nowing living in Clearfield in an apartment that is 1350 square feet. We have 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher, disposal, and counterspace, and just simply room to move. It was a rush move since I also worked that evening. It has taken us a while to just make our apartment livable since I work full time at nights and Jeremy is always busy. Now none of this has been made easier by the fact that my left shoulder has been hurting me all month. It began as a slight ache while at work, it has now progressed to a debilitating pain that has prevented me from sleeping on my left side for the last several weeks (and that is very difficult when I usually sleep on my left side), needless to say I have not slept well for the past month. Enough about my woes.

Well, that about covers the high points (and low points) of our September. Hopefully now that we have internet at our new apartment I'll do better about posting.

2 comments:

  1. Living the good life huh! 2 bathrooms Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like it was crazy!! glad you made it through! it's so nice having room to move around! sometimes I wonder what to do with all this space.

    ReplyDelete