Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Disneyland

After we graduated, we decided that next we would go to...Disneyland!! Jeremy had never been there and I had only been there once when I was little. We figured that this would be the best opportunity to go and a great way to celebrate our graduation. Jeremy had a week off after graduation and before his summer semester started. And before this trip we had never just been on a big trip. All our trips had been to visit family, not that we don't love all our family, but sometimes it is nice to take a vacation just to take a vacation. We were able to do it because Disneyland has been offering lots of discounts because of the poor economic climate and we were able to find a really cheap hotel.
Our trip began the day after graduation when we headed to Vegas for the night. Jeremy had never been there either, but I'm such a wimp that I didn't want to drive down the strip. I promise you Jeremy, we will go to Vegas to be in Vegas. We found a great hotel there for cheap and enjoyed the break in driving.

Sunday we left for California. The drive was long and we have decided, we do not like California roads, and it really isn't very pretty to drive through. But our hotel was nice. Small, but perfect for us.

We had tickets to Disneyland for Monday through Friday. Every day we were exhausted by the time we got back to our hotel, but it was so worth it. It was hot and, in my opinion, crowded, but so much fun! Jeremy loved it. Our favorite ride was Indiana Jones, but the new Midway Mania ride at California Adventure was awesome too, the line was just horrendously long.

We greatly enjoyed the time to simply relax and spend with each other and did not want to come back to our real lives, but knew we had no other choice. Special thanks go to my mom and dad for helping make this trip possible. We love you so much and owe you even more!!

2 comments:

  1. Jeanette!! I was all kinds of excited to see your comment on my blog? How are you guys?!?! I saw you are graduated-CONGRATS!! Did you guys stay in Aggie Village?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are actually moving to Kaysville, to stay with my parents for a couple of months. We move next Friday, and are currently trying to sort through the mess that is our apartment.

    ReplyDelete