Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Graduation

Sorry for the delay, but I now have time to write about one of the exciting events that we've had recently. After many long years of hard work and dedication we have both graduated. I finished my degree in Nursing from Weber State and Jeremy graduated with his MBA from Utah State. Sadly, Jeremy has a short semester he's currently enduring that doesn't end until June 6th, but he was able to walk in May.

The events started with my WSU/USU Nursing program's graduation dinner on Thursday night, April 30th, that my parents were able to come up to. The food was pretty good and it was nice to have my parents there, but it was pretty lame. Sorry Mom and Dad that I made you come up when it was kind of a lame program. The one bright spot was being able to see my friends. I'm so grateful for my wonderful friends that have been such a support to me. You guys made bearable those long classes when I wanted to tell our teachers how ridiculous they and the whole program are.

The next morning we had to get up extremely early to be in Ogden by 7:30 for my Graduation from Weber State. I didn't think that I would be able to attend with Jeremy's graduation being on the same day, but I'm glad I was. I felt pretty ridiculous in royal purple, but it was worth it. I do have to admit that Weber's graduation ceremonies are better than Utah State's, but I can't really explain why. I especially want to say thank you to Josh and Ashlee, Jeremy's brother and sister-in-law, for coming with us so early in the morning, and my parents as well. It really meant a lot to have you guys there.

After the ceremony at Weber, we all traveled back up to Logan for Jeremy's graduation. It was so great to see him get hooded after all the hard work he had put in and is still putting in. We both highly recommend to anyone graduating from college to attend the graduation. That really is the only time you get to commemorate all your hard work. We are again so grateful to Josh and Ashlee for coming, but also Ashlee's parents who came up to see Jeremy graduate. They were kind enough to watch KayBree and Daimen, Josh and Ashlee's kids, so that Josh and Ashlee could come to my graduation so early in the morning. KayBree and Daimen were able to come to Jeremy's graduation too and were so well behaved. It was fun to have them there. Thanks Josh and Ashlee for sharing your kids with us.

After the ceremony and some picture taking outside, Jeremy and I, my parents, and my little sister went to Josh and Ashlee's for Lunch. Ashlee's parents and kids were also there. Ashlee made Jeremy's favorite meal, Navajo Tacos. They were delicious Ashlee, good work as always. It was so wonderful to simply hang out and talk. After all the hard work it took to get ready for graduation day it was nice to relax and take it easy.
We just want to express our appreciation to all of our family and friends that have helped us on our journey through school. It is hard to even comprehend that we are done and will be moving in just a couple short weeks. We are excited to move on with our lives, but sad to leave so much behind. Know that you all will be missed!

Good luck to all you still enduring school. I don't envy you at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment