Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Moving Adventure

For being the first move of our married lives, I think we did pretty well, but boy was it an adventure. Who knew that you could fit so much stuff in a tiny Aggie Village apartment. And after almost 4 years of living in the same place, cleaning EVERYTHING is not a breeze. So to commemorate our good old Aggie Village apartment here are some pictures of our move.

Our Kitchen in the packing process.
Our pile of boxes in our second bedroom.

Our second bedroom filled with stuff.


I had been slowly packing up our things since we got back from Disneyland, but once Jeremy finished work last Monday, there was a lot more to be done. Packing became even more of a challenge since we were moving into my parents house. All of our stuff fitting in their home and having room to live would have been impossible, so most of our belongings are sitting in a storage unit. Deciding what we would need in the next 3 months and what we could put in storage was a hard task (and no worries, we have already made numerous trips to our storage unit and riffled through many boxes to find things we need). It is also very hard to try and move with food. Having enough food to eat and getting everything packed becomes quite a puzzle. I applaude those who move regularly. We can say that we will never be joining you in your moving escapades, sorry.

Our completely clean and empty kitchen/front room.

Our super clean bathroom.


Our completely empty bedroom.

We made it too my parents home though, with out too much trouble thanksfully, and we are excited for the change. We were very sad to leave the great apartment that we had, the wonderful ward we attended, and our fantastic friends and family. A special thanks to all of those that helped us load the truck and clean our apartment. We would have greatly struggled without you.

It was really difficult to close the door after completing our checkout. I had no keys to get back in and knew that once I shut the door I would never see that apartment again. I'll certainly miss our high speed internet, my parents slow internet makes blogging harder.

So in closing, we will miss you Logan. Logan is where we met each other and will always have a special place in our hearts.

Us at the bus stop where we met.

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute. I wish I would have taken pictures of our apartment before we left. It is kind of sad to check out and walk away for the last time. Glad to got to your parents ok. Good luck living out of a storage unit. We did that and don't plan on doing it again any time soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't leaving the ward the hardest?? We still have school to finish, so it was hard to leave the great ward, but we felt it was time to move on. And yeah, after collecting thins in the tiny little apartment after four years of marriage and living there.... amazing what we could fit there! :)

    P.S. I found your blog on someones from our old ward. Good to keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete